NOTICE AND TAKEDOWN POLICY
If you have found material on our website which contravenes privacy laws, is obscene / defamatory, or subject to your copyright and is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact us in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details.
- The full details of the material and the nature of the complaint.
- The exact and full url where you found the material on the Pointy website.
- If the request relates to copyright you must provide proof that you are the rights holder together with a signed statement that you are the rights holder or their authorised representative.
- The reason for your request including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation laws.
Contact Details: email@example.com or Gasworks House, Barrow St, Dublin 4, D04 CH59, Ireland.
Upon receipt of a notification the 'Notice and Takedown' procedure is then invoked:
- Pointy will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
- Upon receipt of a valid complaint Pointy will temporarily remove the material from its website pending further investigation or an agreed solution with the complainant. Pointy will remove the material without any admission as to liability and without prejudice to any rights, remedies or defences, all of which are expressly reserved by Pointy.
- If applicable and/or appropriate Pointy will contact the contributor who deposited the material. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what grounds, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
- The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the Pointy website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the Pointy website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the website.
- In the case of copyright, if the ownership of the rights holder has been definitively confirmed Pointy will adhere to the request of the rights holder.